Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Smell of Christmas-Time




Christmas Cookies <3 <3 <3



I. Love. Christmas.

   I always have. I always will.  I'm a Christmas nut, in a way.  I don't go all out and cover my entire house with lights and mistletoe, and I'm not the first one on the block to put up the tree and the stockings.  Hell, sometimes there aren't even stockings.  It's not about that.  It's about the smell of Christmas-Time; It's about that feeling in the air that it's that time of year, when people who don't normally give, give generously.  A time when families who don't normally get along, come together.  I love that.

   And I love decorating cookies.  Back when I worked in the daycares, Christmas was a huge deal!!! Of course, parents wanted gifts, tiny little hand-made this-and-thats.  They loved it.  And I loved giving it to them.  Not some half assed handprint Santa Claus.  We went all out. And it felt good, because I was confident that what they took home from our classroom wasn't going to be thrown in the trash, or just tossed in a drawer.  It would be hung, proudly, in a play room or on the refrigerator.  It felt good to know that what I was doing was appreciated.  This time of year really makes me miss working with kids.  Then, Ladybug has a bad day and I remember why I stopped working with kids.

   Back to the point.  I love Christmas.  And this Christmas is even more special than before-  This is Butterfly's first Christmas.  Her body is not here to celebrate with us, but she is in my heart, and she is all around me, and that angel is going to have an amazing first Christmas here with her family.  A happy, complete family.

   So, a Christmas cookie cheers, friends, and remember those in need, help out when and if you can, and most of all, be merry.  Cheer and good tidings are contagious friends, pass it along!

No comments:

Post a Comment